Friday, August 6, 2010

Earrings Inspired By Eyes

Design by Angèle van Diessen
Photography by Angèle van Diessen
I find myself (maybe like most artists) discovering interesting or beautiful things in everyday life. Sometimes, I immediately have an idea for something I want to make. At other times, I won't even have any ideas right away, but that color palette, shape, or impression tucks itself away for another time.

These earrings were inspired by the color of my sister's eyes. Her eyes turn more brown when she wears green and they'll turn more green when she's wearing brown. I remember growing up it was interesting to see how a certain outfit would change her eyes. Or what color would this eyeshadow make them? They're always moving along that spectrum between brown and green. So, I chose the 2 different brown wires with the green main bead. The shape and construction of the wire elements expresses the flow from very brown to green and the intertwining of the colors along the way.

My new Etsy shop, Receptivity, is now open! www.etsy.com/shop/Receptivity  I'll be adding more listings, so check back often!  : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I like these : )
How about cheesecake inspired jewelry. Or a cheesecake lol!