Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ice Cream Sundae Earrings

Jewelry design by Angèle van Diessen
Photography by Angèle van Diessen

Another cousin of mine put in her request for ice cream earrings.  I think this family has an obsession with desserts!  :)  But I had a lot of fun designing these earrings.  I had a few different ways I thought I could go and it took some time to pick one.  In the end, I decided to make an ice cream sundae.  You know one of those big bowls with huge scoops of ice cream, swirls of sauce, blobs of whipped cream and a yummy piece of waffle cone stuck in on top?   I used rounded, faceted glass beads like scoops of ice cream with swirls of sterling silver wire.  Then, I topped it with clear Swarovski bicones like whipped cream and a triangular citrine bead stuck in for the waffle.  Enjoy!  ;)

My new Etsy shop, Receptivity, is now open! www.etsy.com/shop/Receptivity  I'll be adding more listings, so check back often!  : ) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Black Mona said...

Angele, you should set up shop on your blog so your followers can buy your prettiness! I would totally buy these.

Angèle said...

Thank you for saying that, Mona! I am working on making sure I have the proper registration/license, but I hope to start selling soon. Your comment reinforces my decision to set up a shop. I'll announce when it's open here on the blog. :)