Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving

Photography by Angèle van Diessen

After a long break, during which I delivered one of my most beautiful creations--our second child!--things have settled (or I've gotten used to the chaos) and I'm ready to continue blogging.  This year, we decided to have a quiet Thanksgiving at home.  At the last minute, I thought to take a picture, so I arranged the food and snapped this photo (while my forgotten appetizer was burning in the oven!).

There's always something grand about a whole bird waiting to be carved.  But since a turkey would have been way too much for my small family, I roasted a whole chicken.  Along with that, I made potato salad with real crumbled bacon.  And of course, one of those "We need some veggies.  But hey, it's a holiday so let's mix it with all sorts of goodness!" --green bean casserole. To finish, good ol' homemade pumpkin pie.

My new Etsy shop, Receptivity, is now open! www.etsy.com/shop/Receptivity  I'll be adding more listings, so check back often!  : )

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Looks delish!

Angèle said...

Thanks, Kevin!

Jeanne said...

Wow Angèle!
Love .. mama