Thursday, January 27, 2011

Night Sky Necklace

Jewelry design by Angèle van Diessen
Photography by Gerrard Brereton



Sometimes, I plan out an entire piece of jewelry before I start making it.  But in this case, I spent a couple of late nights designing as I bent wire to make this Christmas gift for my mother.  As soon as I looked at these Swarovski crystals in Montana blue, I knew I wanted to create the night sky.  The color is perfect for a clear night.  I brought out the myriad of stars you would see on such a clear night with the little silver, diamond charms, the twinkling crystals, the diamond links, and the bicone-shaped beads.  And, of course, the crescent moon hangs down from the blanket of stars.

Aside: On the red background, it makes me think of the saying: Red sky at night, sailor's delight!

My new Etsy shop, Receptivity, is now open! www.etsy.com/shop/Receptivity  I'll be adding more listings, so check back often!  : )

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very nice Angèle .. the necklace as much as the description! Love, mama

Angèle said...

Thanks! I love sharing what inspires me.